Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Am #Human


I live life not sure of which side I am - not to say I need pity just someone to give me a chance

to escape
discovering the real me

the past fuels my future
hopefully for the better - but the only thing I’m sure of 

is I’m unsure

the ones I love were lost to the same demons I face

I go through life keeping quiet as if I have no right - no right to tell them all about how you chose to leave

unjustified

I saw you yesterday - well I guess I woke up from the dream today - it all too real now I’m in the true life and it all feels just surreal

Do I still feel?

Hands on my chest - knowing that I’ve tried my best

it’s been this way from the start --- just got used to falling apart

I will survive

your life will not be lost in vain - my bruises will fade - along with the pain

the day will come - that I no longer feel the need - to hide behind hardened hands stopping me
from letting those around me to even attempt to understand
there’s no room for the weak in this wicked world - but is true strength recognizing at some point ill need to open up and confess - what been weighing my shoulders down

suppressed

I am strong - just at times thoughts all rush in as waves
no amount of gestures - will make them vanish or run away - swimming parallel with the rip tide - praying it all will fade
but even then when I escape do I never look back?
forgetting what brought me to this point in life - knowledge is power - and I’d rather split screen my shadows and light - rather than live the fallacy of unbeatable might

I am weak

I am vulnerable

I am human

I will succeed - I will be nothing like those who broke me
I will love who I become 

because that persons just me

and I’m irreplaceable.

No comments:

Post a Comment